Thursday, April 2, 2009

Persona non grata IV

The players: G is one of our two proposal coordinators. S is a contract proposal manager, called in on a regular basis. He and I have had several conversations. S knows I’m the sole editor in the proposal center.

The following is an unedited email:

Hi G, Could you have a quick edit done on this paragraph (e.g. use of semi colons on last line, etc.. I need this today by say 2 PM. I need to have authors repllicate all but the yellow highlited portion in a number of sections, therefore, I want to get it right the first time! Thanks, S

As you might have noticed, S doesn’t mention me specifically. (Please note: rhetorical question coming.) Is there someone else to do “a quick edit”? G passed his request on to me, and I quickly edited S’s graph.

S was in the office today. Post-edit I passed him twice. Nary a word of greeting or thanks.

I wish I truly were invisible. I could save a lot of money at Starbucks, for example.