Saturday, June 6, 2009

Busted!

Earlier today I edited and approved an excellent article (for my online editing job) entitled, "About PMP Certification."

I just opened up another article to edit: "Project Management Professional Certification Requirements." It was written by the same author as the above article and is virtually identical in content.

I sent an alert to my team leader and the editorial team. His file will now be reviewed to determine if he has previously self-plagiarized.

Self-plagiarism is, within the context of the company's structure and processes, easy to get away with. That is, there are hundreds of editors, thousands of writers, and a largely random system of populating each editor's article review queue (ten at a time).

Evidently the stars are not aligned in this writer's favor today.